Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tired (pronounced "tee-red").


Mentally, I'm exhausted. Physically, I'm exhausted. During "intensives", I essentially work a 12 hour day with a 50 minute break for lunch.


My throat is a bit sore. My feet are tired. My thoughts are sluggish. Thankfully, I feel I am surviving quite well, but I definitely look forward to the regular schedule when things slow down a little.


Many of the other teachers are really struggling with the load. Tempers are hot and words are angry.


I would like to be deep. Mostly because it helps me sort through my thoughts; it stretches me mentally; it challenges others; and I enjoy it. But you know when people start talking all spiritual and deep and they end up sounding silly. Well, I'd like to avoid that.


So I try and pray every morning on the bus. I pray for my family, friends, co-workers, my students, and myself. Sometimes, it's really really hard. I suddenly discover I'm saying the same things over and over again. "Sorry God, I just said that... okay, back to my list of people..." I either get distracted, or I'm just tired. Maybe that's why people close their eyes when they pray.


Have you ever tried to sit and listen to the silence of God's voice? Well, I have. And it never really seems to work that well. Why do I have so much mental noise? On the other hand, I've learned that taking the time to listen has always been worth it.


Somehow the children here are supposed to be encouraged by this saying...





A fool once said, "Get some sleep, dude."
(oh yeah, that was me talking to myself)

2 comments:

Mandipants said...

Ry!

it snowed and they closed campus! we sledded down the amphitheater into Hess Creek. we sledded down the canyon at HMS into the stairs, trees, and again Hess Creek... AND we jumped the fence at the soccer field and played football for 2 hours.

I'm praying for you!
I miss you!
Hang in there :)

Bethany Bylsma said...

i ditto all that.
plus i have a head cold, photography has started, we watched that same national geographic doc. on photographers, i got inspired again,
and john bennett is ridiculous.

hugs and loves my friend. God hears you, even when your words don't make sense.