Saturday, January 13, 2007

Time


Why do I take photos?
There is the beauty of the photo itself. The thrill of the hunt. The butterflies in the stomach when you know you've captured something amazing.


And then I started thinking... when I enter eternity, will I stop taking pictures? I mean, it will be pointless, right? Will people still paint? Will people still throw pots? Will there still be art?


Perhaps I take photos because they are little pieces of eternity. Pieces of timelessness. We're not meant for time. We were built to last forever. Photographs somehow remind me of that.










A wiseman once said, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."

2 comments:

Kia said...

That bike picture makes me sad, but also makes me laugh.

Nic Schneider said...

Ryan Mortinson: Part confucian thinker, part photojournalist, all man.

Sweet pics, you man of God you.


-Nic