Saturday, January 27, 2007

Prayer, Rabbits, and Hand Phones


I was pulled out of class the other day by my director Steve. At first, I thought the inevitable moment had come. I was busted. Perhaps I had accidentally leaned on the podium a little or maybe a parent had complained that I wasn't assigning enough homework.

But instead, he asked me to correct the spelling and sentence structure of a student's diary entry. The entry was a prayer addressed to God. Steve said he didn't pray, so he wasn't sure how to correct it. That's why he had grabbed me. At that moment, I felt truly honored. I was being asked to correct a prayer to God.

What do I know about prayer?
What right do I have to correct a prayer?
Why do I pray?
Does God listen?
Does it really accomplish anything?

I have done quite a bit of research on this subject and have come up with some solid ideas, but they are much too in depth for me to write about here.

For now, I will say... all I know is that God wants me to talk with him, and he says I should pray all the time. So I think that's what I'll do.

Here are several more photos from one of my conversation classes. This class is great. The girls are full of energy and that gives me energy. Someday, I plan to have a daughter.


Annie (The drama Queen). She is one of the best speakers in the class, yet everytime it is her turn, she throws her hands in the air and cries "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I am die!"


Classmates taking "hand-phone" (not cell phone) pictures.


Annie the natural comedian (Koreans would call her a gagwoman).



A wisegirl once cried, "I am die!"
and a foolish teacher said, "Poor, baby... Now please begin your interview."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sup brother! I am glad that God is speaking to you in so many ways. It is great to hear about your teaching skills, and the way that you use all of your knowledge, skilss, and experience to your ability. What a great example of a man of God! As always what a blessing....

HAC is getting together tonight to hang out with El for the last time before she goes to Bolivia; know that we are missing you a ton. We are going all over the world, it's so crazy and awesome!

Amy and I have applied for Mission Year (missionyear.org) and hopefully we will hear back from them at the end of next week. much love and many prayers go out to you!
Kevin