Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hand Heater, And Anguk-Dong


My co-teacher got sick. During my break I wanted to get something for her... but she wasn't hungry or thirsty... however, I noticed she was cold. So I decided to stop at the store and get some of those little chemical hand warmers.

After looking around the store for a bit, I realized I needed some help. But I didn't know the Korean for "hand warmer", so I called my "wan-gang-neem" (manager might be the English translation). She quickly told me the words to say and had me repeat them a couple times. "sone-nalo"... literally translated "hand-heater". Unfortunately, the store didn't have any... but I raced my motorcycle across town and found some at a pharmacy.

I love how a little thing like getting a hand warmer turns into quite the adventure. And now I have some new Korean vocabulary.

Here are some pictures I took in Anguk-Dong. Had a nice Italian dinner and walk around the area. (Not an Italian walk... just an Italian dinner).














2 comments:

HektikLyfe said...

These are some of your best "magazine" style shots yet. I love how they are all over the place. Different perspectives and different angles. Nice.

~cohen

ryan said...

yeah, it always helps to have someone along who doesn't mind spontaneous posing. makes the shots a bit more interesting..

"whoa, I like the light here, would you mind standing right there pretending to admire those shoes?"

PS i'm looking into taking a class to learn more about studio lighting. maybe i'll be shooting ads for JCPenny some day.