Friday, December 26, 2008

The Gorilla, The Ghost, and The Girl


Because I've got the bike, it's been a long time since I rode on the subway. It's kind of fun actually. There's always something new to see... the man selling gloves, the giggling middle school girls, the sleeping old man...

I bought a camera flash. It's an old one. Doesn't work on my camera. But that's not why I wanted it. I love doing the "ghost" shots. Here's a quick sample. More to come.

The hunt for the flash was interesting. The sales guys could never seem to understand that I didn't want it for my camera... that I just wanted the cheapest used flash they had. Finally, I found an old dude that understood what I was talking about. Then he excitedly explained to me how to take the "ghost" pictures (I didn't tell him I already knew how. Have you ever done that before? You know, let someone keep talking just to be polite?). He was a friendly guy and sold me the flash for the equivalent of $35.

Also, this giant gorilla is on a building near one of my favorite restaurants. I took a quick pic.








2 comments:

Jamie said...

Is that gorilla wearing a giant North Face backpack?
YAY for ghost pictures... and ghosthunting :)

ryan said...

i believe you're right. North Face... wow, you're good.

I've got a week off from teaching... hopefully that means millions of pictures... muahahahahah. and ghost hunting.