Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Christmas Production in Korea


Every class did some sort of performance. Read poems, sang songs, etc.

The presentation was outrageous... huge inflatable mushrooms, fog machines, laser lights, confetti shot into the crowd, black lights, a professional MC, the works. Very Korean. They spare no expense to make it a big show. The Korean teachers thought nothing of it, but most of us foreign teachers were shocked. It felt nothing like Christmas. Oh well, it looked cool. I liked it.

I was so proud of my kids. Somehow, the play I wrote for them "The Search for the Magic Snowball" was a hit. The kids remembered their lines and it was funny. And I heard some laughter at my music choices which made me happy ("Eye of the Tiger" for when the kids were crossing a river, "Pirates of the Caribbean" for the sword fight scene, and "We Are the Champions" for the passing of the snowball to heal the sick mom.) I let the kids choose their character, and then wrote the play around their selections.

Cast of Characters:
-A Snow Angel
-A Baker
-A Baker (the bakers are brothers in the play, best friends in real life)
-A Scholar
-A Jet Pilot
-A Snow Man
-A Snow Man (the snowmen were guardians of the magic snowball)


And for brother Steven... the motorcycle and the suit as you requested, taken with my fancy wireless camera remote...

Some pictures... I decided not to make them big this time because there are so many.



























3 comments:

HektikLyfe said...

My favorite shot was 4857. Not to downplay the cool ass James Bond shots you got near the end there!

Giant Christmas mushrooms eh? That's pretty funny. Reminds me of Jack Skellington trying to "understand" Christmas.

Unknown said...

I'm a big fan of the Bond shots... I think you need to photoshop 4828 or 4826 into a high speed chase of some sort.

Anonymous said...

Nice suit! I LOVE wearing formal clothing.

Looking at pictures of these kids kind of make me jealous. They are having so much fun. When I was a kid, I went to a bad school which didn't have anything exciting like that.