Sunday, December 28, 2008

The New Flash, SPs (self-portraits), Slightly Disturbing


So I decided to do a bit of experimentation with the new flash. And since I have no model, and honestly, I wouldn't want to bore someone with my half thought out ideas, I have to do the classic self-portraits. So here are a few. I also decided to stick with black and white today. I think some came out a little creepy looking, but cool. Sorry.

It's interesting because on some of the pictures you can see the dust specs that are inside of my camera on the sensor itself (this happens with really tiny apertures). It's probably about time to go get it serviced. I looked into what it would take for me to clean it myself (disassembling the camera, cleaning the sensor, etc...) but most information said, "Don't do it, you'll just make it worse!"



Sleep Walking




the "cool hand Luke" pose




Maybe this is what a person's spirit looks like :)



A real tough model. Just wouldn't smile.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool!! I'll have to remember the "cool man Luke" pose for Senior pictures! Fun pictures, Ryan! You are so creative. Must be cause you are left handed!
Love ya,
MOM

Unknown said...

these shots are amazing! What kind of camera do you have?

ryan said...

i use a Nikon d80 and my favorite lens is a 50mm F1.4