Saturday, October 11, 2008

Two Performances


There is a Christian group/organization/concert called Passion that tours the world with several different famous Christian artists. My brother is a huge fan of this tour and has volunteered for similar type tours in the past (which gets him free entry for the weekend). I don't know if he volunteered for this one, but he went to the Passion concert in Canada. The next stop was Seoul Korea, so he told me I had to go. I hadn't planned on it, but suddenly a friend of mine had an extra ticket. I couldn't say no to something free. So I went. It was an interesting experience. And it was sort of like I was close to my brother in some way. It was cool thinking about how he'd just watched these same musicians a week before me... a world away.

In the same day, I was also invited to watch a traditional Korean dance performance. It was performed by university students... and it was amazing. I would love to see it again, but it happened to be their last performance. The pictures I took had to be at a high ISO because of the dark moody lighting... at first I was really disappointed because I thought I wouldn't be able to get any good pictures (high ISO tends to create a lot of "noise" or specks in a picture)... but after taking a look at them on the computer... I like them. They have a rough, dark feel to them that fits well with the feeling of the performance.

The dancing, the music, the costumes and lighting were all beautiful. I asked if I could get a sound track and my Korean friend is going to ask her friend (who was performing). Connections are everything. I would never have heard of this performance, I would never have met one of the performers and gotten my picture taken with her. It really is all about who you know.








































2 comments:

lovelyfaith said...

passion! i went to passion in atlanta last year. it's so neat that they are touring the world! :) what'd you think of it?

HektikLyfe said...

Those are some VERY tough shots to get! Great job!

I got a similar feeling when sitting on the sand at South Beach in Miami. I was feeling, "I am totally on the other side of the country." Kind of an alternate universe displacement.