Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ryan's Gallery


Along the west coast, near a little town called Lincoln City, there is a gallery called Ryan Gallery. I used to joke with my friends that all the "Ryans" in the world take turns posing in displays at that gallery, and my turn was coming up in a couple days.

Well, a few weeks back, the school I work for asked if I could take some pictures for them to be used in advertising on their website. I agreed. Building a photo portfolio is important and even though I was shooting for free, it was still good experience. I decided to throw in a few of my other favorites that I'd taken throughout the last six months.

To my surprise, the school printed 12 huge versions of my pictures and hung them in the hallways of the school. These print jobs weren't cheap... the pictures are printed on canvas and are nicely framed. Super cool for me. It felt like my own gallery... Ryan Gallery... in Korea. Maybe someday I'll have my own gallery. (They also actually gave me credit by sticking a little sign by each picture that said "Photo by Ryan Mortinson").

Here are the requested photos, Travis. I could only get pictures of one of the three hallways because it had a handy shelf that I could set my camera on for the self portraits.











3 comments:

HektikLyfe said...

That is super cool! I can only imagine the pride of seeing your work framed and hung.

Congrats! Freelance is a great way to start.

Unknown said...

Dude!!! So rad! So jealous... :)

Anonymous said...

Agreed. I'm sure its great to see your own work hanging on the wall with your name on it. I'm happy for you :)