Sunday, October 19, 2008

A meeting at the zoo


I arranged for some of my Korean friends to meet each other just for fun. We went to the zoo, ate some pizza, and ended the night with some singing at a "norae-bong" (karaoke place). It was great.

Social settings drain me though. I'm the guy that likes to just sit back and enjoy the show. Let others carry the conversation. But I'm also a person that likes to make sure everyone is feeling included. If there is no one to guide conversation or come up with ideas for things to do, then I step up... but it sure tires me out.

I didn't really take a lot of pictures at the zoo. Too busy talking or feeling sad about the sorry state of the animals. But I got some other random shots while we were searching for a restaurant.












2 comments:

HektikLyfe said...

My wife would LOVE one of those dresses in 3526! They ARE dresses right?

That last picture of the Zebra reminds me of this blog I wrote a couple of years ago titled, "Nothing screams 'Next-Gen' quite like Zebra sack."

It was a blog about a then unexplained Playstation 3 game called Afrika. It was a pretty popular post on GameSpot. My first published on the reader soapbox actually.

Yeah I'm not the life of the party either but I am very aware of any awkward silence so I instigate arguments or discussion.

ryan said...

actually, i think they aren't dresses but scarves... but i could be wrong. mostly, i liked the color and patterns.

yeah, i like the zebra shot because it's as if the zebra has attitude.
"you wanna look at me stuck in this little pen... well, look at this, punk!"