Monday, October 6, 2008

Grandpa and his Wacky girlfriend and how he met Grandma



Grandpa had a girlfriend named Wacky (No, seriously, that was her name). She was a nice girl. Gramps and her had a lot of fun together.

One day, Wacky and Gramps went to a high school basketball game. Gramps suddenly noticed a new cheerleader. He turned to Wacky and said, "Who's that cute red-headed cheerleader?" Wacky replied, "Want me to get her number?"

And that's how Gramps met Grams... His girlfriend got her number for him.

And Grandpa always ends with a twinkle in his eye... "That's why I always blame Wacky for getting me stuck with your grandma."

Side note: My grandmother has been a red head since the beginning of time... I have never seen her hair any other color... and do you know what? It's not her real color. I didn't figure that out until I was like 16 years old.

3 comments:

HektikLyfe said...

Very cute story! Was your Grandmother a fan of I Love Lucy? I had a Wacky Grandmother too but mine really was wacky in her later years.

Jamie said...

Great story! Yeah... gotta watch out for those red heads -- fake or otherwise!

ryan said...

nope, i have no idea if she liked I love Lucy. my mom does though. :)