Friday, October 17, 2008

The Great Egg Drop Experiment


So I did the classic egg drop experiment with my seven year olds. I gave them sponges, paper, straws, and tape. Then told them they needed to make something to catch an egg without breaking the egg.

Two of the six successfully caught the egg without breaking it. I was actually surprised how well they all did building their "catchers".

See if you can spot the catcher whose creator said, "I think the egg will break, teacher."















1 comment:

HektikLyfe said...

It was great to read through this blog with the pictures. I never got to do this but I did hear about it. the physics of it always interested me but I couldn't get over the wasted wasted egg to go out and do this as an adult.

Great shot of the interacting kids in 3482.

Yet another great post!