Monday, April 16, 2007

So Much to Say, So Little Space


Well, I've got all kinds of stuff to story about... this may, in fact, be the largest blog entry ryan has ever attempted. So here goes...

This week was "finals week". Basically, lots of of tests. However, one class finished their test early. So I was forced to improvise...

I created a quick pictionary game. I wrote down a dozen or so words from the test. A student would then choose a word from the hat and illustate it on the board. Whoever guessed it correctly got to be the next "artist". The game was a hit.

Out of the blue, Jean came in and asked if the students had finished their test. Apparently, Sally's mom was waiting to pick her up early. Sally stood up slowly and said something to Jean in Korean. Jean said, "She doesn't want to go."

That made my heart warm... when a student has the chance to get out of my class and doesn't want to take it... wow. That's cool.



Story number two... I was bored one night around 2am...







Story number three...
At the Isaac's sandwich shop, I met a woman named Mi-Suk. She and Ms. Lee tried to tell me about some kind of food I should buy. I just couldn't figure it out. Suddenly, I found myself agreeing to meet with Mi-Suk and her family on Saturday.

It was awesome. I met Jae-Bum (Mi-Suk's husband) and their son Mark. After shopping for awhile, I discovered the afore mentioned mystery food was instant rice that you can microwave... a bachelor's dream... it was a food gold mine.

Then we ate donuts, drank coffee and talked. I had a great time. We've made plans to visit Everland together(it's like Disneyland)in a month. I look forward to it.



I also spent a lot of this weekend with my new church family. We practiced a skit, ate food, played games, and generally had a great time. Then on Sunday, I helped the church celebrate its two year anniversary.




2 comments:

Ginny said...

Yay! Your stories make me happy!

Jaepil said...

I hope you ain't too bored buddy.