Monday, April 2, 2007

Lyan King


The latest classroom tactic... (I dug deep into Lyan's toolbox.) I busted out the "lateral thinking" puzzles of my past.

The children became detectives. You know, like Sherlock Holmes. I provided the clues, and they solved the crimes.

Crime 1: Bill and Ted
Clues:
[1]broken glass on the floor
[2]a wet spot on the carpet
[3]Bill (the killer)
[4]Ted (the victim)
[5]there isn't a mark/injury on Ted's body
[6]Even though Bill is the killer, he did not get into trouble

What happened?

Answer: Ted is a goldfish. Bill is a little boy who accidentally knocked over the fish bowl... killing Ted in the process. Case closed.

The kids seem to love it and one class asks for a new crime each day.


Self-Portrait using the timer (Lion King poster in back)


Do I get cool points for just being in this picture?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Just so you know, I fully support the idea of you being a teacher in the future. I have no doubt your bag of Lyan tricks will keep replenishing yourself. :)

-El

P.S. I´m glad you update your blog so regularly!

Mandipants said...

you and Korea look good together.

Bethany and I are heading to the airport to pick up Dane... wish you were coming for a visit too.

Love and miss you!

Anonymous said...

Is that a jacket that you are wearing??!!
Glad to see your blog up and running again! I missed you!
I love the Lyon King poster and picture of you!!!
Miss you and am praying for you!
Love MOM

Bethany Bylsma said...

2 things.
1: you look metro in that jacket.
2: that picture screams future wife. that's all.

Father Dane said...

yep, future wife. Oh yeah, baby. You can help someone get into the U.S. legally you know by marrying them...military does it aaaalllll the time...lol

miss you brother.
Carry on.
-D