Monday, April 23, 2007

Reflections on a Day (or Two)


Recess at a local school...
The Art Gallery Quest...
MirrororriM...
A Bookstore (and the amazing 'poop' book)...
Late Night Basketball and Korean-style Freeze Tag...
A couple of thoughts... just a couple... okay, maybe threeish...













I was asked... "Ryan, why do you do good things? Why do you help people? Why are you kind?"

Time stopped for me. In that frozen moment, a few thoughts bounced around my head... "Do I know why I do these things? Really, why do I feel compassion? Kindness? Gentleness?" But then I thought, "Yes, you know why... It's that Christ-life inside you the Lewis guy is always talking about. Maybe (most probably) it's one of those mysterious things the Holy Spirit does for you."

Following this internal conversation, time resumed, my mouth and heart (I think I can honestly say, heart) spoke... "I act this way because God tells me too... God said, 'Love me. Love people.' And so I try to."

So simple. So difficult. So possible with help.



A wiseman once said, "Iron sharpens iron..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true. So God.

Anonymous said...

The second photo down is absolutely stunning. It makes me happy in a subtle, dark, grounded sort of way. Keep posting those pictures, Friend!

Koh