Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Bus


I was on the bus. My stop was just ahead. I reached for the button that tells the driver... but before I could push it, someone else did.

I froze in shock. For a second, I was really sad. I like pushing the button. Especially this one, because it lights up and even makes a cool sound.

Suddenly, I took a stroll down memory lane. I remembered riding the bus to pre-school when I lived in Ashland, Oregon. They didn't have buttons in those days. Nope. They had cool hanging strings that you pulled on. I always got excited when my mom let me pull the string.

I think, possibly, I was addicted to the power. The power to stop the bus any time I wanted. (Any time my want coincided with my mother saying it was okay.)

One time, on the way back from pre-school, the bus driver didn't see me because I was a short little kid. He closed the door after my mom stepped out. I found myself abandoned. Left to eternally travel the streets of Ashland. Immediately, I started pounding on the door and yelling. I think I really freaked out. Also... I think I might have had a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich in my hand.

A bus accident I documented



A wiseman once said, "Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever."

No comments: