Saturday, February 10, 2007

Round House Kick & A Haircut W5,000


I've officially been assimilated into Korean culture.

Today, I got my first Korean haircut. The guy was awesome. He was a master. It was like watching a martial arts expert destroy 20 opponents. Except this guy was fighting thousands, millions maybe. His hands flashed. And the air hummed as twin blades whirred through space. I could only smile and hope I didn't lose an ear.

When I stepped into class, the kids freaked. (Not because I'd lost an ear, because I hadn't.)

"Oooooh! Teecha, Lyan! No hair! Cold outside!?!"



This one's for my HAC fam.


Spotted this guy while walking to work. (I bet he spotted me first.)


My room. I fondly refer to it as my monk's cell.



There is comfort in the mundane. In routine. In work. In sharing. In prayer. In family. In the little things. In simple words like "nose-hair". (I hope you just laughed.)


A wiseman once said, "There's nothing like a haircut to make you feel like a new man."

4 comments:

Mandipants said...

there are three things I realized today...

1) I have never been to the dragons cave- so it's gonna be hard to burry brownies there.

2) I don't have your instant messenger name- boo.

3) I still have not emailed you back- double boo, and coming soon.

xoxo

Unknown said...

Yep.
Love the calendar
Love the haircut
Love the stories

I'm telling you, you're the next Donald Miller! :)

Bethany Bylsma said...

i don't think i can.
and i don't know why.
i just can't.

i love your stories. sometimes i imagine listening to them, eating pancakes on a saturday morning. maybe next time i check your blog, i'll make pancakes first. then it will seem like you're here.

Ginny said...

That made me smile. We miss you over here! But, I am very glad you found the cutest little girl in Korea!