Friday, February 23, 2007

The 5th Floor


The kindergarten on the 5th floor, the floor below Ewha, is moving. Moving days are always a bit sad. A little like dropping your cookie in the dirt.

Each day, I ride the elevator past floor number 5. And I smile, because through the metal elevator doors, I hear playing children and fun music. It's not hard for me to imagine NeverNever Land hiding on the 5th floor. I mean, that's where I'd put it. No one would look for it there. And I bet all the teachers in there are really robots created by the smart kids. No studying. No work. Just fun and adventures.

Sometimes I arrive at work just in time to see a miracle. Around 500 little "lost boys and girls" pile out of the elevator. I'm not really sure how they fit. The important thing is that they do.

It's strange how we grow accustomed to things. And then we appreciate them only after they're gone.

I spotted three of my snowbird friends today. I decided this time it might be okay to take their picture. If I knew snowbird talk, I would have asked their permission.

Random info... I've been reading about "the street culture of children" and "street photography". It's interesting stuff.



When I grow up, I will make sure to give pocket money to my grandkids so they will like me... because that's all it takes... right?


Evacuation of NeverNever Land


Snowbirds, does anyone know where they come from?




A wiseman once said, "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always wanted to be Peter Pan when I was little, escaping to the magical NeverNever Land in my imagination where I would always have the most incredible adventures. Anything in the yard or a nearby park transform into pirate ships, dungeons, castles... other worlds. They take on a new life of their own and the colors seem more vibrant--I want to say--more real. I don't suppose I'll ever be to old for NeverNever Land...