Sunday, February 11, 2007

A Photo Journey - Donghae


This weekend I traveled to Donghae for the second time. I can barely begin to describe it.

I'll try... me, three South Africans, multiple bus rides, beautiful valleys, rock skipping, snow, Uncle Peter, Chili's, sunrise that didn't happen, the ocean, lovely weather, a photographer's dream, strange sculptures, tea, crazy Korean TV, and the bus ride home.

(Donghae is located on Korea's east coast. It is a four hour bus ride from Seoul.)









The sky decided to cry frozen tears while we were in Mureung valley. It was beautiful. The South Africans don't see snow often. I thoroughly enjoyed their excitement.


Two children escape from the blizzard.





Uncle Peter told me that this is ancient poetry.





This photo marks the end of Day 1. It's about 50 steps from Uncle Peter's apartment.


Everyone, especially Uncle Peter (as you can plainly see), was amazed that I was able to catch all these fish, gut them, and dry them. All within a few minutes of reaching the beach.




Boy vs. Ocean


Their moms must shop at the same place.



Peppermint tea with a view.




The End



A wiseman once said, "The more experience I gain, the more I realize how little I have."

2 comments:

Bethany Bylsma said...

fantastic. maybe your best yet...and you didn't even have to tell much of a story. your pictures did it for you.
you're a sucker pants. I'm jealous. and i miss you.

Unknown said...

Teecha Lyan,

I've been keeping up on your blog... sounds like you're having some pretty great times. I've been loving all the photos... keep up the good work!

---Travis