Monday, November 3, 2008

Pro Basketball in Korea

Super Fan - she was constantly screaming and jumping up and down. It was awesome. I quickly snapped this picture. She was upset with a bad call made by the ref.









The halftime show was a presentation by a female band (with a keytar!!!) and some B-boys








In Korea, apparently you don't say "boooo"... you say "woooo".



They have a translator for the English speaking players. I wondered how that affected their ability to play as a team.





1 second left

Final Score (it was a barn burner)



Happy Super Fan




And I shall leave you with a short conversation I had with my student Jake.

What book are you reading, Jake? - me

I'd Like to be... - Jake

Cool. What is the job on the first page? - me

"Happy Clown". - Jake

Would you like to be a happy clown? - me

No, never! Because then the children will throw tomatoes at my head! - Jake

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked that you included a shot of the scoreboard! Cool!
Love ya,
MOM

HektikLyfe said...

I find it crazy when I see females interested and devoted to things that are primarily male centric.

Thats not good or bad. It just stands out and it intrigues me.

I'm not intentionally being sexist.