Friday, November 14, 2008

The Eternal Farm... And Making Boats


Blogger does not have a good photo posting system... there is no quick way to arrange uploaded photos. So this is a mixed batch because I'm too lazy to straighten them all out.

They are from two class trips. One is from the farm where we picked... pulled... or whatever it's called when you remove cabbage from the ground. They also made some bead bracelets.

The second one is from art class. I taught the class how to make these cool boats and then I took them all down to the local stream to float their creations.

Most of the boats eventually sank to the bottom or floated away. But it was fun.

After being at the stream for about 15 minutes, Jimmy's string came off and his boat floated away. (In class we are learning the song "Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!") As Jimmy's boat floated away he started singing... "Let it Go! Let it Go! Let it Go!"

I love these kids. It's a strange feeling when I think about it. I spend more time with them than their parents do. I referee their arguments, know when they are sad or upset, feed them, laugh with them, tie their shoes, tickle them, teach them...

PS my Korean co-teacher fell into the stream. She took a step backward to make room for some women who were crossing and there was no step... she fell right in. Many people would have laughed or made a joke, but the first words my little guy Chansol said were, "Are you Ok, Jeong-eun Teacher?"


















1 comment:

HektikLyfe said...

Use Picasa. Actually if you sign in, the pictures you have uploaded already should be in there. You can create folder and organize etc.

I suck at accidents, I laugh out of nervousness even though I feel really bad for them. I laugh when I fall too...