Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Wedding in GuangJu (광주)


This wedding was for one of the secretaries from my previous school. We used to tease each other a lot. She was super shy and didn't speak a lot of English, but we eventually became friends.

The bus ride there and back was an adventure. I drove my motorcycle to Sadang station and caught the 7000 bus to Suwon. In Suwon, I met some other friends and we all took a small school bus to the wedding. It was about a 5 hour drive there and a 5 hour drive back. Koreans have a million and one games to play that usually involve numbers, concentration, and hand motions. And the loser always gets smacked on the arm or the back. Needless to say, the trip was exciting and full of hitting (and some talking too, mixed in there somewhere).

Things to look for in these pictures...
-me in a yellow bus, in a window reflection
-the married couple doing some intense bowing to the parents
-hair
-sad face Ryan, because I was too slow and missed my chance to marry her
-weird machines in a truck that I took a picture of from out of the bus window
-geometry in everyday life
-coca-cola, because it's always there for you... birth, marriage, and death.



















2 comments:

HektikLyfe said...

VERY elegant! I know Coke collector's would love that bottle. :)

My favorite shot is 4218 with the giant spindle. (My apologies for the lack of knowledge regarding the appropriate name for that thing.)

~glyzedo

ryan said...

spindle sounds good to me. i once rescued a similar spindle from the university dumpster... i threw a sheet over it and it made a nice little coffee table.