Friday, May 25, 2007

Juggling


I performed my first juggling show.

The korean part of the church I go to had a choir retreat. My friend James is in the choir. He invited me to come and juggle for the retreat and sing a song in English with him.

First, I joined the choir in singing some fun praise songs. I can read and sing the Korean if the song is slow enough... I just don't understand all the words I am singing. These songs had a lot of fun motions, which I could do if I carefully followed the movements of the two girls up front.

At one point, I was encricled by all these older woman with their arms in heart shapes, they were smiling and singing "Saranghaeyo", which means "I love you".

Then it was my turn. (I was nervous, there were fifty plus people). I gave a short little testimony(James translated into Korean for me). I also told everyone that I have only juggled for children, so today they had to pretend to be children. I told them that children don't notice when I make mistakes, so they must also pretend not to notice.

It was great. Then I sang "You are my all in all" with James and two other Korean girls that I did not know. Oh yeah, and Lynus played the guitar for us. And another man played the piano.

I couldn't understand anything that was being said, but there was a great feeling of family. God's church is an amazing thing.

James is on the left

No comments: