Tuesday, May 1, 2007

The Short Long Weekend


Our Spring 1 semester ended last Thursday. So I got Friday and Monday off. The four day weekend was packed with fun...

Friday.
Giant clowns handing out advertisements at the subway entrance (maybe I can get a job with them). Met with Jimmy and Jaime for some of my favorite korean food... "dak galbi". Then some dessert at hagen das. Then the lake and the tuba statue. Then went to the ice rink and watched kids skating... they were skipping school to be there. Then a bowling game, I am still offically horrible at bowling. Then starbucks and a devotional about always asking for God's counsel when faced with a decision. Spotted a little girl in the subway wearing high heels... very funny.

Met up with Min and Jae. Ate some street food... pig intestine stuffed with noodles... I actually really like it. Jae ditched us... he had to tutor or something. Min and I wandered around. Min forced me to use my Korean to order ice-cream and ask where the soccer balls were. Bought a soccer ball. Went to church for a Bible study.

Min's house. Met the family. They are awesome. His younger brother reminds me of Steven. I translated a Korean drama into English (Min said I was actually pretty close). Stayed the night.

Saturday.
8:00am soccer. 10:30am soccer... basketball... frisbee... and Korean soccer-tennis. I was tired.

Met up with Jesse, a guy from Suwon. We went to Ada's place and played a game of scrabble.

Went home, took a shower and then went back into Seoul to watch a movie with the gang.

Sunday.
On the bus ride to church a very tired little girl fell asleep on my shoulder. Made me smile. Thought about my sister.

At church I got to run the projector for the songs and the sermon.
We had small groups. Good talks. I ate lunch/dinner at a vietnamese restaurant. Then we ate more streetfood. Watched a movie at Jae's. Crashed at Jae's place.

Monday.
Went hiking. Jae and I walked through a poor section of Seoul. An old woman asked us to help move her tv... then a bed... then a dresser... then another dresser... then a computer. It was great. She tried to pay us, but of course we wouldn't let her. It's not often you get a chance to help like that.

Then we hiked the mountain ("Daemo Mountain"). Looked out over the city. I thought about silence. I thought about how big God is. I thought about how Jesus often climbed mountains to pray. Walked back down and had some spaghetti... then went home and took a nap.

I think that about covers it. All that I could remember. Here are some pics.













1 comment:

Jaepil said...

Dang who is that sexy guy wearing the hot pink shirt? Puhahahah