Monday, May 14, 2007

Can I Have...


Is it okay to ask God for creativity?

Anyway, I think my church small group must have been praying today. I tried some more new classroom ideas. And they seemed to work.

Idea #1:
To help them learn their ABCs, I had the three students in one of my kindergarten classes shape the letters using their bodies... Some letters look backwards, but you must remember that according to their point of view, they are correct. Also, when they were forming the "A", 다혜 kept poking 형민 in the stomach and making him laugh. It took them a couple minutes to get "A" because of that.

A

B

C

D

E



Idea #2:
I decided to learn how to make an origami frog... just for fun. Then I put it in my front pocket. When the kids asked what it was, I told them it was George, my pet frog. Then I proceeded to talk with George... of course, he always whispered his answers into my ear, so the kids couldn't hear him. At one point, George jumped out of my pocket. And even though he is my friend, I couldn't cut him any slack. He was misbehaving in class, so he had to stand at the front with his arms out as a consequence. I was officially called crazy today. Some of the older kids teased that they thought I might be "sick".

Idea #3:
I recycled an old game I found while doing some research online. I had two students come to the front of the class. Then I taped names of famous people on their backs. They could then ask the class questions to try and discover whose name they had. Sometimes I used names like "Superman" or "Mickey Mouse".

I also received some flowers today from students because it's Teacher's Day tomorrow. Made me feel special.




Presenting... The cheesey model shot.



I am also losing my voice. I think I've been talking too much.

3 comments:

Mandipants said...

yes you can ask for creativity! God created for six days then rested . . . I think He is pleased with that request.

Unknown said...

I really like the wall paper bro. It suits you well.
If my teacher had made me form the alphabet with my body, wow, I would be a genius right now. Blast, too bad.
I love you bro, and miss you. I check EVERY SINGLE DAY for any new posts you have.
-Steven I Timothy 4:12

Ginny said...

Ryan, your kids are adorable and your methods are genius.