Friday, March 16, 2007

Two Brave Girls & a Pineapple


Life is full of fun little things. I think my jolly mood (do people say jolly) is a result of the sunshine, warm weather, and dozens of children running around. Have you noticed that children skip everywhere?

On my way to the bus stop, I was accosted by an 8 year old girl. She asked my name. I replied and asked for her name. In the process, I discovered her English was awesome. Better than some of my middle school students.

I sat down near the bus stop and waited. Soon the same girl and one of her little friends began to creep toward me. They thought they were so sneaky. I could tell I was their target. They inched closer... and closer... and closer. Suddenly, I whipped out my camera and said, "Sa-jeen?" (which means photograph/picture). They shrieked, covered their faces and ran away giggling (I didn't get their photo). They continued to play nearby until my bus came, then they shouted good-bye and went searching for adventure elsewhere.

From the bus I watched a man sell pineapples. He cut a sample and gave it to a woman crossing the street. His strategy worked... she ate the slice and gave him her attention. Then I watched him convince her to buy a whole pineapple. I smiled at how she'd been "tricked" into buying something she hadn't been looking for.


Sally, Clara, Holly


Clara, Holly



Jesus said, "One who has been forgiven much, loves much."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan -

Your pictures are absolute magic. Keep 'em coming.
You are a stud.

-Nic

Anonymous said...

Indeed!..God also said you will reap what you sow..and you are sowing a great harvest! Keep running the good race! You are one to be proud of..
britty's mom suz