Friday, March 2, 2007

Lots of Walking...


...it's good for your skin.

March 1st. A day to remember. A holiday in Korea. On this day in 1919, Koreans began non-violent protests against Japanese occupation.

Today I visited an old Japanese prison, a palace, and a giant shell.

During all this, I learned more about the people from church. And of course, I told them a little about myself. Sometimes, I think I talk too much. Suddenly I get into storytelling mode, and I can't stop. It must be annoying.

Either that or I'm very quiet and not talking at all. But my mind isn't quiet. I'm searching for good questions or absorbing the conversation around me. Because I know these people have lived amazing lives. And I really want to hear about them.

I was asked if I would consider marrying a Korean girl... and I have to admit that I've thought about it. And I think I would, if the circumstances were right. Of course, I'm not getting married anytime soon... so don't freak out. Plus, El has to do my wedding invitations, and she's in Bolivia right now.

Please enjoy the photos from my adventure filled day. And maybe you will catch a glimpse of these new people I hope to call my friends.




























A wiseman once said, "When in doubt... just play the dumb foreigner."

No comments: