Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm Alive


It's been quite a dry spell for me in the blogging department... but mostly because I've been busy.

I'm trying to set up photography classes for myself. I found a guy who will help me book a studio room and then will show me how to use all the lighting equipment. Still working on getting the time table for that figured out.

I also realized how badly I'm addicted to the motorcycle... the other night I actually drove it into my apartment so I could clean it. Then I just decided to leave it there over night. So we had a good chat and my bike spent a warm night indoors. Then the next day I took it to get some new oil. It's been about 2500 kilometers since my last oil change. I paid 30,000 ($35) for full synthetic racing oil. Something I really don't need, but it will be good for the engine. It's so cheap to get work done on your bike here. They didn't even charge me for the oil change, just the oil. Also, when I got that flat tire, it was only 5,000 ($7) to get it fixed. On top of all that, I am always met with surprise when I fill up my gas tank because I use a fuel treatment. I often get "muh-yeh-yo?" (what is it?) from the gas attendant. I just say, "More power!" and they smile.

I wanted to do a bit of work on the bike myself. However, I discovered that I would need some tools. So I walked into the local one room hardware store armed with paper and pencil. I said, "Hex wrench?" and received blank stares... so I quickly drew a hexagon and was met with several "Ah ha" sounds. I paid 4,000 ($5) for an entire hex wrench set. Can't beat that.

Seems like every moment is being filled. I hope to start swimming soon. A Korean guy I met is going to show me a place that is near me. I also got to hang out with my "banker" friends. It's so great. I don't speak perfect Korean, and they don't speak perfect English, but we still manage to laugh, joke, and talk about girls.

I haven't been sleeping well. Partly the noise in my neighborhood... and partly just because I have a lot of thoughts on my mind. About life, religion, friendship, and love (just to name a few).

No pics today.






2 comments:

HektikLyfe said...

Thanks for the update. Seems like you've been keeping busy. Glad to know you're still alive. Especially considering you ride a motorcycle.

Enjoy these days you will look back on in your old age.

~visimpl

lovelyfaith said...

Ryan, I'm so jealous of your adventures! And living in another country! I'm trying to find a short term summer mission type thing i can do. :)