Sunday, January 11, 2009


Decided to change it up and do a bit of sketching today. Some pen, and some pencil.

It's become sort of an unspoken goal (and now a typed goal) that I must do something new at least once a week. This is to provide fresh conversation, potential classroom stories, and just because it's fun.

The other night I met four cool Korean college students. We chatted for about 2 hours and then went and played table tennis (ping pong). It was great. Really fun. I haven't played for a long long time... in the end, my team lost so we had to pay for the game (20 bucks for 6 people for an hour and a half is not a bad deal if you ask me).

Then I spent my Saturday eating pancakes with a co-worker, reading books, and generally relaxing (it's so cold I haven't wanted to do anything outside).

Sunday (today) I met up with a friend at a coffee shop for some creativity time (hence my sketches). Then met some other friends at a restaurant. Met a new cool guy named Ryan. Then bumped into a couple I rode motorcycles with awhile back. They're from California. She teaches and he does skateboard demos to advertise for various companies and for entertainment at the army bases. Last I saw them, she was 6 months pregnant and riding a motorcycle. They now have a beautiful little boy. We exchanged numbers, so I hope we get to hang out again sometime.

I'm currently reading a book called "The Shack". It's interesting in that it attempts to challenge the readers preconceived notion of who God is... but it also feels a bit incomplete, disjointed, and sometimes illogical. At least it's good exercise for the brain.

Ah the life of Ryan... filled with fun... filled with introspection... filled with questions. Nice... but far from perfect.
















3 comments:

sehwa choo said...

that dinosaur drawing reminds me of one of my favorite storybooks. 'how do dinosaurs say good night?' i like that drawing.

HektikLyfe said...

Hands are HARD to draw! Great job!

I really like those last two pictures and the dinosaur. That could make for a great children's book protagonist. You should seriously pursue that.

Perhaps a basic lesson about life and death. A little paper that is sad about being used and tossed in the wastebasket only to have heard tales from his book friends of ferocious mythical dinosaurs.

Then one day he is recycled and turned into an origami one and experiences joy and fulfillment.

It would make for a very cute story.

Anonymous said...

i love it! jo a jo a