Thursday, January 8, 2009

Costco, Ice cream, blah


I had a craving for costco. So I bought some cheese, muffins, chicken, and granola bars. And of course I couldn't leave without a costco hotdog. Somehow I fit all my groceries on the bike. The elastic webbing I have is amazing. It can seriously hold anything.

I went to dinner at Butterfinger Pancake and then a movie with my Korean co-teacher. I decided to try a Korean movie. It was interesting. I didn't really understand much of the dialog, but I understood the story.

The English movie title is "Speed Scandal". It's a kind of serious comedy. A girl shows up at a famous radio DJ's door claiming to be his daughter... on top of that, she has a 3 year old son of her own. I found it interesting because it dealt with issues not normally talked about it Korea... namely, single moms and children born out of wedlock. It's really frowned upon. Rather like the states 15 years ago. I remember kids who had divorced parents didn't really talk about it. But now, in the states, divorces and single moms/dads... no big deal. We feel sad about it, but it's common place and taken in stride.

On a side note, I think I have a lazy eye... or lazy eyelid. Weird. Guess you learn something new about yourself everyday... right?

On a second random side note, I love making my own pan fried chicken... because I can make tons of it. When I go to restaurants or eat at someone's place, I'm always limited to one or two pieces, but when I make my own, the sky's the limit. Yeah for all chicken meals.




The green ice cream is "green tea". It's okay, but not really my favorite.






5 comments:

HektikLyfe said...

My wife loves green tea Ice Cream. I think it tastes ... OK. Its like Vanilla, but slightly different.

That difference makes me feel weird...

I didn't know Costco was in Korea. Cool. There is a Costco a few blocks from where we live. $1.50 for a Kosher dog and unlimited fountain drink can't be beat!

I like the pizza too.

~haryogi
~wisset

sehwa choo said...

costco is such a beauty.i got cream puffs and a huge jar of nuts from there a couple days ago and just thinking about my fridger full of divine food makes me so happy.

sehwa choo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sehwa choo said...

the lip gloss thingy dangling from your cell phone is pretty impressive by the way.

ryan said...

lol. thanks... the phone isn't mine.. i swear.. i was just talking on it. it actually belongs to my korean co-teacher.