Thursday, April 2, 2009

Time Flys/Flies?


Wow, the little ones take it out of you. Differences between teaching 7 year olds and six year olds.

Six year olds...
-grab anything within their reach. This means anything you don't want them to play with must be in a high, or locked place.
-call for help wiping after they've gone poop. "Teacher, I did it!"
-move very, very, very slowly. it takes 10-15 minutes just to put their shoes and backpacks on when it is time for them to go home. And it takes 50 minutes to eat lunch.
-constantly take off their shoes and socks
-like to climb on the teacher
-say really funny things
-try to help but end up making things messier

My three boys are angels... the girls... are cute and moody. They cause me the most trouble. If they don't want to do something, they pout and flop on the ground. Sometimes they don't even want to play during gym time. And if one girl doesn't play, the others follow. This takes so much more energy.

I think I still enjoy it. It is a new teaching challenge for sure.
My Korean co-teacher says that last year I was a baby teacher, now my class is turning me into a boy teacher, and I suppose that means one more year and I'll finally be a man. :)

I've also been really sick lately and that hasn't helped. I finally went to a doctor here. I got x-rays, talked with the doc, and picked up my meds for bronchitis all in about 20 minutes and for about $30 bucks. The doc makes his money because he only prescribes 2 days of meds. Then you have to come back in. Get checked again. And get another few days of meds. So they make their cash in the repeat visits.

This weekend looks to be a fun and busy one filled with picture taking. I'll be heading to the cultural district again, just for fun. And then I've been invited to shoot some designer clothes pictures for a friend. We'll see how it goes.

Here are a few pics of my new "team". Some of the pictures actually contain kids from another class. We had a joint outing to the stream. See if you can spot my number one pouter.














And what would a Friday be without Spaghetti art?






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Rambo -
These are some of my favorite photos! They remind me a bit of the pictures I took of Bolivian kids.

Spaghetti art? Sounds like something I could with my RA staff... :) Clever!

wendy said...

your sutudents are so cute kkkk