Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Korean Fashion Designer


A friend of mine interviewed a local fashion designer and asked me if I could take a few shots to go along with the article.

I could see that my model was tired from a long day of work. She was worried she wouldn't look good in the picture... hadn't prepared her makeup or hair. So I quickly turned my camera's black and white setting on (everyone looks good in black and white, no matter what). I snapped a quick picture of her and then showed her the results. She liked it and quickly posed for a few more. I took a few pictures of her fashion shop as well.

I've begun to analyze people again... mostly for fun. But it can also be useful, like my fashion photo experience.

The other day I was with a friend and we saw a college age guy who appeared to be blind. However, I pointed out to my friend several indicators that seemed to say otherwise. One: he was wearing a digital watch... now I know there are watches out there that will "speak" the time at the press of a button, but I'm fairly certain this was not one of them. Two: He was sweeping his cane in an awkward pattern and was moving very fast. Three: His clothing was "stylish" (not to say blind people aren't stylish, but usually they are more practical. This guy was wearing shoes and clothing that could easily get snagged on corners. Four: Two giggling girls ran up to him and dragged him off. In my opinion, he needs to work on his blindman act.










No comments: