Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Perfect Lensbaby Day


Here are a few shots with my lensbaby lens. No photoshop or post-editing.

Weather was beautiful today.
Camera settings...
aperture: 2,
shutter speed: 1/1500-1/2000,
ISO: 100

I have a confession to make... I'm addicted to my motorcycle. It's dangerous, I know, that's what everybody tells me, but there is something about it that draws me. About two weeks ago, around midnight, my neighbor backed his van over my bike... my baby. The sound woke me up (I park just outside my door). I threw on some pants and my glasses and ran outside. I was afraid of a hit and run. There was a guy picking my bike up off the ground. He gave me a sheepish grin and handed me his business card. Thankfully, his insurance paid for the repairs... but I was without a bike for about 4 days. Four agonizing days... and that's when I realized how much I had come to rely on my bike. I was forced to walk... to ride the subway... to take buses and taxis. So uncomfortable... so expensive... so slow.

And now, as I'm about to go back to the states, for an all too brief visit, all I can think about is how it might be possible for me to rent or borrow a motorcycle for the duration of my stay. Should I bring my helmet as a carry-on? Do I know anyone who might have a spare bike sitting around?

Now that I've been driving in Korea for about a year, I feel like a seasoned veteran. Compared to Korea, driving in America will be like a college student doing ABCs. Okay, that's a weird comparison... but I've got kindergarten on the brain.

Ever since I was a kid, I have loved speed. I remember a snow trip I went on when I was about 13. Everyone else was going down the slopes in tubes... bouncing over the hills. And there I was... on a bobsled with metal runners... just taking the straight shot down the hill... trying to go as fast as possible. As I recall, my friend's mom thought it looked fun and asked if she could ride passenger... I agreed, but the added weight threw off the handling and we wiped out at the bottom and broke the sled.

Anyway, don't really know why I rambled on like that... no relation whatsoever to the pics.









2 comments:

Sarah said...

Crazy story about pretending to be in Ger! I laughed. Thankfully, I haven’t heard any updates as to you being invaded for your sly tactics. :) Good times!

That was a very sad story about your bike... Glad it's taken care of and you're able to fly once more!

HektikLyfe said...

No better place to ramble than blogger. :)

Good luck in the U.S. Driving should be relatively easy but still, don't let your guard down. People drive stupid over here. Just because they follow the laws when they pay attention doesn't mean they are always paying attention.

Motorcycle deaths happen a lot over here.

Still be careful.