Monday, May 11, 2009

Back From the Break


So I just spent two weeks in the USA. It was interesting. However, as seems to happen with most vacations... I feel I will now need a vacation from my vacation.

The highlight was seeing family. I got to play with my little sister and talk with my brothers and parents. My grandfather's birthday party was fun and a bit stressful. I was a little overwhelmed.

A few bits of reverse culture shock that I experienced...
-I could understand conversations around me... and I decided that sometimes, it's a good thing to not be able to understand.
-It seemed so empty... I had gotten used to the crowds and large numbers of people in Korea.
-Clothing styles were different.
-Body types were different.
-Going to movies was different.
-I had to remember to give tips.
-The money was different.
-Driving my dad's truck... the roads are so big and not crowded.
-Everything was so beautifully green and wonderful.
-My sleeping schedule was all messed up because of the time change and staying up late reading books or visiting friends.

Well, here are a few pics.

Oh yeah, I'm really excited about a new sport I'm trying out. It's called slack lining. I did my research and purchased the correct gear and even set up a line. Now I'll simply need to find a good place to set it up in Korea.













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss you already Ryan!
Love MOM