Sunday, May 24, 2009

Locks of Love


Here, my friends, I present an interesting Korean lock phenomenon. You bring a lock to the namsan tower... you write a message on the lock... you lock it to the fence... you throw away the key... symbolizing your eternal love for one another.

oh yeah, you should bring your lover with you... i guess it would be pointless if you didn't.

I was at this tower about 2 years ago and I don't remember seeing any locks... now there are literally millions.

PS: night photos are fun.
PSS: notice how the benches appear to be especially made for couples... I think it's brilliant... they have the dip in the middle that helps you sit closer together and you can really only fit two people comfortably. You don't have to worry that some pushy old lady will crowd your romantic bench space.








I call this final photo "Locks of Awesome Love Hair Man".


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Awesome photos, Ryan! Sooooo interesting!!! Love those lovebird benches! :-)
Love ya,MOM

sehwa choo said...

i see yours there. ryan & hobbs forever :D:D:D
don't worry about your special txting skills.
i just think it's very generous of you to concern about my short english. how shuweeet.

Christina said...

lol you seriously uploaded that lady's pixure?! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
looks more vivid here~
Hope you get a chance to lock the love locks here in Korea! ^^

HektikLyfe said...

Very interesting tradition. I wonder if it is by a lake or a river that you can stroll through and toss into.

Eric Mortinson said...

I remember seeing locks like that at the Great Wall in China!

carles Comella said...

Interesant photo.

Unknown said...

dude, so rad. Thank you for sharing with us!