Friday, February 6, 2009

It takes a whole kindergarten class to raise a town


So for art, I taught the kids how to make origami houses and then we created a town together. We brainstormed the various kinds of buildings we would need. I think the "Dog Motel" and the "Tank Shop" were two of my favorites.

The city's name was a compilation of all our names...
Dajamchaysolhaekeun City

Jake immediately asked me how to make an origami tank (I mean, what's a town without a tank, right?) I told him I didn't know how, so he suggested we use the internet. I quickly found a fairly simple, yet cool, tank design and spent the rest of art class making about a dozen tanks.















It's always interesting to see what kind of pictures kids will take. The following are some that were taken by the kids in my class. They wandered around taking turns with my DSLR.










3 comments:

Jamie said...

Sweet town! I LOVE the tank!! (especially the picture of it sticking out of the orange house)

sehwa choo said...

i have to say some of your kids are pretty artistic in taking pictures :D and also in building something. i remember my kids made similar one but with cookie boxes.

Unknown said...

Seriously... Tank Shop? Dude, your kids are SO cool.

Is that somebody-or-other's Heaven?