Thursday, February 19, 2009

Exhausted


I've been so busy, I haven't had a chance to take photos. Makes me kind of sad. Makes me want to go take pictures.

The time is ticking down. I've only got my kids for 5 more days. It's weird. This group is so different from the last school I taught at. Because I've taught these kids for a solid 12 months, 5 days a week, 5 hours a day.

I've definitely crossed the boundary of teacher and friend/uncle. They climb on my shoulders, they hang on my legs, they hug me in the morning when they come in and sit on my knee, they love to wrestle, roughhouse, and tickle. I will miss them. They were/are a super high energy class. I'm not really sure how I survived. But I'd have it no other way.

And then it all starts again. I've decided to sign for another year and I begin teaching my new class almost instantly.

I'll have to learn new personalities. I'll need to refine and adjust my teaching techniques. And frankly, I'm not sure I have the energy right now. I'm feeling ready for a vacation home (that sounds weird). I'd like to do nothing but ride a motorcycle for about a month. Instead, I'll be heading back to the states for about 2 weeks at the end of April. I'm already looking forward to it.

So here's to "good-byes".

2 comments:

HektikLyfe said...

Strange how kids have the power to do that to you just by being themselves.

I'm sorry for the sadness you will feel and good luck in the new year.

Sarah said...

You’ve done such a fabulous job teaching those kids! It’s been quite the privilege to watch and sit in on your class through “snapshots.” Thanks for sharing with us. I can see why you’re exhausted, but you must also be fulfilled. Investing in children is worth it, exhausting as it may be. :) I’m looking forward to new pictures, stories, and memories of the next batch! God Bless you, Ryan.