Sunday, February 22, 2009

Camera OCD


I have this strange OCD that demands I bring my camera with me everywhere. I walk out the door thinking... I need my camera... what if something totally awesome happens, or I see something amazingly beautiful and I don't have my camera?

So today, I bought a small point and shoot and now I don't have to always lug my DSLR around. It's also a great stealth camera... not as obvious as my huge lens and obvious clicking noises.

In America it's called the Canon Powershot 1100. In Europe and Asia the same camera is called the Canon Ixus 80 IS. I don't know why they have to change the name, but whatever. It's a smart little camera.

Here are a few quick "snapshots" on a subway trial run of the new "stealth cam". Beginning with a test of the macro capabilities.








3 comments:

HektikLyfe said...

I've seen some great motion blur in the subway.

I used to take my little camera everywhere but I got sick and tired of buying so many batteries. I use rechargeable but I use them so much they also die out in a short time period.

ryan said...

same thing happened with my first digital point and shoot. i had to carry tons of rechargeable batteries.

yeah, the trick to defeating the battery thing is to buy the camera with the lithium ion battery pack. and then turn the camera flash off.

we'll see how this new camera holds up, powerwise.

Kelsey said...

Ugh! I DO take my camera with me everywhere, but always fail to capture the images my MIND sees! I think this is what separates normal picture-takers like me from groovy avant-garde artists such as yerself, sir...