Friday, September 5, 2008

Jessica, a day with an adopted teenager


Jessica is the adopted sister of a friend of mine. She's a cool girl. A bit shy... still learning about who she is and will be... but one tough cookie (as they say somewhere). I took her for a tour of Seoul. We started with an introduction to my motorcycle...
This is the muffler... it's hot... don't touch it. This is a helmet... wear it.

Then we went to Insadong... Cheongicheon... Hangang... and finally the Seoul Arts Center. We walked... saw a great sunset... shot fire works... drove on the sidewalk... and watched a cool music, light, and fountain show. By the time we finished, I noticed she was limping a bit... blisters. Whoops...

PS... she doesn't like to have her picture taken... but where there's a will, there's a sneak shot from the hip!

She made me think about my adopted sister a lot. What will she be like when she is Jessica's age? Will she feel loved? Will she feel happy with her family?

If you ever read this, Jenna (in like 10 years)... then you should know that I love you and you are my sister and that's all there is to it.








7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you take a very nice pictures good photos bye bye

ryan said...

thank you! i hope my pictures say something about me. give people a glimpse of who i am.

Anonymous said...

I can look at pictures taken in another country all day long. Nice shots!

ryan said...

thanks farhan. you should post some photos of your country. i would love to see them.

Anonymous said...

I don't take pictures, but I have some nice ones in my collection that I found on the internet. I will definitely upload them. And that will be my first blog here on Blogspot. ;)

Iris said...

This blog made me want to cry a little. I can explain why. But it's very sweet :)

ryan said...

thank you. it was a day that made me think a lot.