Monday, July 9, 2007

A Swingin' Place


I did it! I found a swing club! It's at a place called the "Boogie Woogie". It was awesome. It was so much like the places I went to in the states. Great music, tons of dancers, and no alcohol. I had a great time trying to remember all of my moves. On the bus ride home, I couldn't stop thinking about moves I had forgotten. The nice thing is that I don't need to speak Korean to dance. You just dance. Swing is a social thing so you switch partners every song. I hope to meet many interesting people.

I dragged some of my Korean friends along (Christina and Min). They didn't even know swing clubs existed in Korea. I had a fun time teaching them. Christina is a natural! She was a pro in minutes.

I also believe I was tested by one of the swing instructors. Moments after I arrived, a lady snatched me up... asked in English if I knew the 8 count (which I did) and then we danced. Then she introduced me to a friend for me to dance with (and her friend was an amazing dancer). I wonder if I passed her test. I was a little nervous because it has been almost 7 months since I did any swing dance.

I learned they have a dance every day of the week. I'll have to pace myself so I don't burn out.

I plan to be a regular at the Boogie Woogie.



4 comments:

Ginny said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you!!

Father Dane said...

swinger...even in Korea...hey so I changed my dream sheet to get stationed in -check this out- possibly Suwon itself, Seoul, or Osan. It out of my hands now...we will just wait and see. Hey when does your official school year start?
-D

Mandipants said...

Yay! I've been waiting for pictures =)

Jaepil said...

I can't believe there are so many Koreans into this. Hahah