Friday, July 13, 2007

5 Second Rule


The other day I walked into my special class and they were eating BBQ chicken. They made sure to give me a piece. I decided to save it, so I wrapped it in paper. Later, as I was leaving the class, I bent down to pick up a book and the chicken suddenly slid out of the paper and onto the floor. Annie was standing next to me.... she yelled "Oh no!" and then started counting.... "1, 2, 3, 4", she frantically picked up the chicken. "It's still good!" we cried together. "Only 4 seconds!" Apparently they've got the 5 second rule here too. Of course, I ate the chicken.


The younger kids I teach are so funny. Sometimes I come to class and find them all hiding under their desks, as if I can't see their little shoes down there. Or they hide behind the door.
One time, I said, "Oh no, where's my class? I guess I'll have to eat these cookies by myself..." At that they all popped their little heads out of hiding. I yelled triumphantly, "Ha! Got you!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Someone shared with me recently that the 5 second rule actually works! Some guy did some research on it and it withstood his tests. Hard candy is still okay to eat after 30 minutes! (well, except for sticky candy that falls on the ground, that's just gross)

I'm glad to hear that you didn't hesitate to eat the chicken. I would have done the same - living in Bolivia has changed me in more ways than one.