Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Intense


Well, it's that time again... Intensives. This means 5 weeks of working 8:30am to 8:30pm. I've got all new classes. It's fun and tiring.

A few stories...

I have a pair of identical twins in one class. It's very difficult to tell them apart. However, I think I've got it figured out. Jessica has two freckles high up on her cheek and is an aggressive natural leader... while Anna has one freckle low down on her cheek and is a bit more reserved. They are both great students.

I teach a fun reading class with three 8 year old students... Stan, Jeanie, and Candy. Jeanie and Candy are always giving me little gifts of food... a few sticky lifesavers or a half eaten cookie. Stan likes to try and hide from me under his desk, and he thinks it's fun to sneak up behind me.

In one class today, I entered the room, shut the door, and accidentally ripped the handle off. It was amazing. The kids thought it was awesome.

The students informed me that my hair makes an "M" shape. They soon learned some new vocabulary..."widow's peak".

My student Jane is obsessed with knowing whether I have armpit hair or not. The rest of the class thinks she's hilarious. Especially when she tucks her ponytail into her armpit and pretends it's armpit hair. Scott started laughing... I told him he would have armpit hair one day... he looked at me in horror and said "No, I will cut it off!" He then proceeded to make scissor like motions under his arm. This sent the rest of the class into hysterics.

More stories to come I'm sure.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was baking cookies in the kitchen, when I heard my mom laughing out loud. She said she was reading your blog. I, too, am chuckling.
Arm pit hair really is a funny topic!

Hope you get some rest in these intense weeks!

Mandipants said...

Whitney and I were laughing pretty hard as well =)

don't worry - motorcycles and road-trips and alaska will be here before you know it =)