Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Best Writing Class Ever


At the beginning of the semester, I was told I would be teaching a level 97 writing class (96 is the bottom and they learn ABCs, 103 is the top). I was scared. Teaching 13 kids (who can barely read or speak) to write sounded like a nightmare.

I approached the first day with determination... and a good amount of dread. But I soon had them wrapped around my finger, and I actually came to really enjoy the class. The kids were brilliant, and I never seemed to run out of tricks to keep them focused and working. We would get through about 4 pages in the workbook each day. That's ten minutes per page. Like I said, I had to get creative.

Today I had to say good-bye, it was our last day together. I took their photos to remember them. Here are a few of the famous 13...










1 comment:

Ginny said...

It's so hard to say goodbye to your kids but pictures definitely make the goodbyes easier. I love the third one down with you in focus and the kids behind you! Great work Teacher!