Sunday, June 14, 2009

Motorcycle Trip to Tae-on


Oh how I missed the ocean. It was good to visit.

Today I went on a quick motorcycle trip to Korea's west coast. 3 hours there and 3 hours back. Here are a few pics I took while there. I found some awesome old rusty anchors... I liked them, so I took a lot of pictures of them.

Oh yeah, I also had some great eel soup for lunch.

And I captured a fun family beach activity.




"Yey, I'm hunting for bamboo clams!"

"First I've got to dig and dig until I find the bamboo clam's tunnel."
(Note: ketchup bottle is not really ketchup... it's salt... see next photo)
(Note 2: blue shovel really is just a blue shovel)

"Next I pour salt down the tunnel's opening.
(This was the freaky part folks. The clam would dart its little head? tongue? whatever it is... in and out... The little girl had to be quick or it would escape back down its tunnel.)

"I got it! I got it!"
(Note: technically I believe her grandma was faster and got it, but she let the girl hold it.)

"Now I'm bored. Can we get some ice-cream? Hey, why is that white guy taking pictures of anchors? That's pretty dumb if you ask me."













2 comments:

Unknown said...

cool stuff man, sounds like a good time.

HektikLyfe said...

So much symmetry! Great shots and color!