Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tesla Globes and Starbucks


Sometimes it just hits me... I'm living a strange life. I never would have imagined it quite like this.

I recently spoke with a friend from those long ago days when I was in elementary school. She said she always thought I would be successful.

And after a moment of thought... I decided... yeah, I guess I have been "successful". I've continued my education (informally and formally), I've avoided the trap of drugs and alcohol, I've had adventures, I've made life-long friends, I've pursued my interests (and developed new ones), and I think my mom and dad are proud of what I've become. And someday I plan to put the icing on the cake with a wife and a couple of kids. :) I suppose you could say I've been successful.









4 comments:

Unknown said...

Science!!!

Kids like science. The hands-on, "fun" kind, anyway. :)

HektikLyfe said...

Success is so difficult to measure, much like people's reinterpretation of wealth.

Anonymous said...

How's the new canon treating you? Word of advice...don't take it to the beach...Steven and I both took ours and well....bad idea.

ryan said...

it's a good little camera. the picture quality doesn't seem to compare to my d80. it tends to blow out the highlights and produces somewhat of a grainy picture at 400 iso or greater. but it does pretty sweet video, which i think is what I'll use it for primarily. it's my "emergency" camera. for when i don't want to drag my big one out... but have a fear i might miss a great photo opportunity.

will attempt to avoid beaches and other forms of sand or water.