Friday, March 13, 2009

The oh so Fleeting Weekend


Weekends come and go so quickly. My weekend hasn't even started and I already feel like it's gone.

So many people with so many plans. There are too many fun things to choose from and sadly, I can't do them all. This weekend I'll be going to the DMZ (demilitarized zone). I'm sure I'll have some pics up here as soon as I get back.

I'm enjoying the new class. I think it might even be more fun than my last class. Of course they aren't perfect. I still have the students that jump around, that don't want to sit, that don't want to participate, that cry in the morning... and it takes about 10 minutes just to get everyone to line up, but they're just so darn cute and funny.

I spend my day jumping around... animating everything I say... and singing children's songs. I also wipe dirty noses, change shoes, facilitate multiple potty breaks throughout the day, read stories, print out princess coloring sheets, and say "sit down" several hundred times.

Here's another student interview. This student is very quiet as you'll notice. She's also a bit of a princess and likes to do things her way or no way. She also calls me "Daddy". Although she's super cute and it's cute... I'm working to change it to.. "Teacher".

I've wondered a bit about the legality of posting these. As far as I know, there aren't any laws in Korea about it. In fact, my Korean co-teacher is in the classroom every day taking pictures and some schools in Korea have streaming videos that parents can check at any time. I'm not too worried. If there is a problem, I can simply delete them.

The ease of creating and posting videos is amazing. I think it will change how I record my continued stay in Korea. Originally, I uploaded to youtube, but I found the quality was poor. Now I'm uploading to facebook and embedding the videos here and it's much better.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan,
I was able to view the first video and loved it. But now the video are unavailable. Do you know why? I can't wait to see the last too. Help Cheri

ryan said...

okay, i've got it fixed. it had to do with privacy settings on facebook that I needed to change. they should work now. thanks for commenting. :)

African Globe Trotters. said...

Ryan

You commented on one of my student's English Literature blog, about Don Richardson's "Peace Child". I just wanted to thank you as she was so encouraged by your comment. I know that God is working in her heart and your kind words spoke volumes! Thanks Chantal.

Unknown said...

Rambo -
It's great to hear your facilitator voice! :)

oh, and the word verification of the day is: "gations"

Thought you'd appreciate that!