Friday, September 7, 2007

A Donut and Hamster


I was in a bread store. I browsed the bread baskets. I decided on a nice cherry filled, white sugar powerdered donut. I chose one from the back. As I stood in the checkout line, I watched a tiny little guy (maybe 2 years old) stumble over to the donuts. The tray of donuts was just about to his chin. Hands at his sides, he casually pushed his face into a donut and started nibbling. I couldn't help but chuckle.

The best part is that nobody even noticed. His mom called to him and he walked away. The partially eaten donut remained. I wonder if someone bought it?

A Hamster?
Daisy recently told me that my face reminds her of a hamster. I said with a silly grin and feigned shock... "A Hamster? What?" The whole class laughed.

Then every few minutes I would suddenly shout "A Hamster?"... which would send the class into further hysterics.

Later, the class asked me what I thought Daisy looked like... I said, "ummmm,... a rabbit?!?!"

Daisy quickly grabbed her electronic dictionary, typed furiously and then replied, "Teacher, do you revenge me?"

I laughed and said sternly (but with a smile) "Of course I revenge you!"
This was followed by more laughter.

What a great class. They are a joy to teach.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would have loved to have seen a picture of that little guy nibbling! :-) (Where's your camera when you need it?!) Loved your description of his sneaky little deed.
Miss you, Ryan!
Love, MOM

Bethany Bylsma said...

hey old friend,

i was missing you today.
and hanging out with amanda.
and looking at pictures.
i wondering when you might get a visit back to the states.
and things. :-)