Sunday, December 13, 2009

Night Ski/Snowboard


Went snowboarding for the second time in my life. We went from 1am to 3am. It was great.

We only went on the "difficult" run... at first I was like, "Hey guys, you remember I've only done this once before, right? Are you sure I should be going on this one?"

But it worked out. By the end of the night, I was doing the most difficult slope with no problem... if a bit slower than my friends... but I did have my s-turns down and I was getting up to pretty good speed.

That's how it's always been with me. I pick things up pretty quickly, but never seem to "master" them. Sort of a mediocre Jack-of-all-trades. Also, I've discovered that if I want to learn something, it's best to try doing the most difficult thing first. Without the challenge I don't get better.

Anyway, here are a few grainy pics taken with my little point and shoot at 1600 ISO. Hopefully this is the start of my return to photography.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I paid basically $35 for the whole trip... gear rental and lift ticket. My friends had the hook-up.

PS it's all man-made snow. So it was icy... and my knees and butt hurt today.











2 comments:

Unknown said...

At first glance, the photo of you with your snowboard looks like you're hugging a penguin... I did a double take. :)

HektikLyfe said...

VERY cool. I did it once but only took the Easy slopes. I have no balance whatsoever. My wrists hurt like mad from catching myself. It was real snow but it was hard packed and icy as well. It was like snowboarding on a lake. It hurt so bad.

Glad you had fun.