Thursday, August 20, 2009

Me


I had a tough week of negotiations. I've been asking for several months now to be paid my ending bonus (from my first year), health bonus (didn't take any sick days my first year or this year), and one missing pay check (from this year). They continued to delay and make excuses. Finally I'd had enough (it's been almost 6 months). I'm not really the confrontational type, but I tossed aside my smile and spoke some bold words to the boss. He continued to delay, breaking promises left and right. Finally, I let him know that if the proper amount was not in my bank account by the end of the day, I would not be coming to work.

I was paid this evening. Even the final amount was not exactly as it should have been. "Taxes" were taken out of several separate amounts. I know these taxes are not legit, but one grows weary of the endless pettiness. More delaying would have resulted. I'm just glad it's over for now. I think it's dumb to worry about money, and this thing has just been weighing down my mind.

But why... why did it have to come to that? Why did I have to feel bad about asking for something that was owed to me? Why did I have to have meeting after meeting? Man, it really makes me mad when people make and break promises so easily. I'd rather have the straight truth. Sometimes people need to man up, admit their mistakes, and take responsibility.

Hopefully I won't have to resort to such threat tactics again. Sigh. It's draining.

In other news, I plan to attend a wedding in Busan this weekend. I hope to have some good pics to post.

Here are a few pics I took for a fun photo club. They aren't meant to make any sense.






4 comments:

Unknown said...

Bummer man, sorry to hear about that. At least its over and there is a wedding to look forward to!

Noori said...

I feel exactly the same.. I just can't trust Chris! And I know that most of the things he says to us are lies. I really hate the fact that I am wasting my time to ask him my money.
BTW, I had fun at the event yesterday. Free food and free drinks for me but I don't really drink alcohol so.. just Tacos~~
See you tomorrow.

ryan said...

Yeah, Kevin, I'm just glad it's over for now. The wedding was great!

Sarah said...

These pictures are very random, but for some reason also very funny. :)