Saturday, July 11, 2009

Poor Man's Macro


Wow! I created my own macro lens by simply flipping around my 50mm and putting it against my 200mm zoom. Then I used my external flash at a 1/16 power setting. This is crazy awesome. I had to post right away. More to come for sure.

The ironic part is finding something small enough to photograph.

Photo 1: the flint wheel on my zippo lighter
Photo 2: some grains of rice that I placed on my couch (you can actually see the threads on the couch)
Photo 3: a very tiny screw







4 comments:

Unknown said...

I wondered what was happening over there... I suspected it was a technical failure of some sort. Great pregnant photos! Sweet macros too... I've heard of doing that, but never tried it. Do you have an adapter to screw the 50mm onto the 200 mm? Or did you just MacGyver it on?

cheri said...

Leave it to you to come up with that! Cool photos!

ryan said...

just held it with my bare hand, travis. but i might consider a bit of duct tape in the future.

Noori said...

This poor men's macro sounds difficut for me. ^^;